Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a Middleby Marshall oven Model  H type 755.  I am looking for a replacement ceramic interior bulb fixture

• I have a Middleby Marshall oven Model  H type 755.  I am looking for a replacement ceramic interior bulb fixture

Posted by guest on June 3, 2017 at 12:00 am

Looking for a replacement ceramic bulb fixture for inside the oven light bulb.  Any ideas?

ectofix replied 6 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ectofix

June 5, 2017 at 4:57 pm

I was dissuaded from responding to this because there’s no technical or parts info readily available on the web for that model.  I did a little more searching and now I know why I couldn’t find it.

That’s an old beast of an oven.  I found this neat, little write-up on Linkedin about those ovens:

Middleby-Marshall Revolving Tray Ovens

You just don’t see those ovens much out there.  I used one once while serving on mess duty (USMC) in the bakery back in the late ’70s.  Otherwise, the only other one I’ve ever seen was one in 2000 (I think) at an old VA hospital.  Another tech and I spent four consecutive days working INSIDE of…in order to replace all the bushings for the eight shelves.  The oven had a little, built-in “mechanical room” on one side (full size, walk-through door) for getting at the drive and gas components.

Anyway, for the ceramic interior bulb fixture.  I don’t have an exact answer.  However, I’ve used light sockets from this certain “big box” store with relative success for standard bulbs.  I don’t know your setup, so I can only offer this:

Shop SERVALITE 660-Watt Porcelain Hard-Wired Light Socket 

FYI:  Middleby probably didn’t make the lamp fixture.  They likely found something on the market that met their needs and contracted that manufacturer as their supplier for it.  You can call Middleby to see wht they can tell you…or take the fixture to a store specializing in light bulbs to see what they can dig up for you.

• fixbear

June 5, 2017 at 5:13 pm

I ran into this problem with a oven built in the fifties some years ago. The original manufactorer had long gone out of business and there was no parts to be had.  After taking the lamp fixture apart I found out that all the high temp fixtures are made by Leviton or Arrow Hart.  They still make them for all sorts of oven makers and can be found at there suppliers or on line.electrical houses.

The one you are probably looking for is a through bulkhead, high temp, that the ceramic nut is inside the oven. There are 2 different ones depending on the knock-out.  The wires are on the back and in the insulation area.

• fixbear

June 5, 2017 at 5:32 pm
  • ectofix

June 5, 2017 at 5:42 pm

I’m surprised that Grainger’s price is comparable to the one I posted.  Not Grainger’s norm.