AnsweredAssumed Answered

Restaurant Kettle Explodes

Question asked by ectofix on Apr 28, 2017
Latest reply on May 2, 2017 by ectofix

I often and aggressively harp about NOT encouraging DIY (do-it-yourself) repairs.  Depending on the equipment, I WILL wholeheartedly (and sometimes rudely) discourage such practice.  This would include someone working in a skilled trade who attempts to expand their service (repair) endeavors.

Here's a video on Youtube of an older incident that still serves as an example as to WHY I do think this way:

Restaurant Kettle Explodes

My position holds true in reverse as well.  If there's an issue with an electrical outlet or within an electrical distribution panel, I will ALWAYS refer a customer to a licensed electrician...which I am NOT.  That's THEIR area of expertise.

DISCLAIMER:  Despite my forty years of experience in troubleshooting electrical equipment, I've never had a reason to become licensed electrician.  That's not a fallacy in my past trade practices.  That's the nature of my personal experience.  I'm R-E-A-L-L-Y good at troubleshooting electrical problems (patting my own back), but a license was simply never a requirement for the jobs I did.

I hope this helps.  Questions/comments are welcomed.

Outcomes