TechTOWN is the foodservice industry's first online community designed for people working with foodservice equipment to ask and answer each others questions. It was created to improve knowledge sharing among operators and technicians beyond traditional phone calls, emails, or in-person conversations. The TechTOWN site leverages the power of social networks to get better, faster answers to technical questions, and to make those answers more available for the next person that has the same question.
Here's how it works:
- The website is organized by manufacturer.
- Anyone can view the questions and answers posted by other members of the community.
- To post a question or answer a question, a visitor first registers a free account.
- Once registered, users can “follow” other users and manufacturer pages to be automatically notified by email when someone they are following posts a new question or answer (be sure to click the "Inbox" option if you want to be notified via email when anyone or any page you are following is updated).
- Questions and answers can be easily searched using the powerful on-site search field, and are available externally from Google and other search engines.
To see the full list of manufacturer pages, click the Manufacturers link at the top of any page, or see Manufacturers.
For more information about the site, see theFAQs.